If you love Daleks and rhinestones, this DIY is for you. This DIY December Dalek Ornament really jazzes up the average Dalek with some shiny rhinestones and Christmas bulbs. It is also super easy, though it does take a little bit of time depending on how many you want to make.
What you need:
- Solid color Christmas bulb. (I used green and red, but gold would also be great.)
- Matching colored rhinestones
- Gold paint and paint brush
- Hot glue and gun
- Get the straws and the paint.
- Paint the straws gold and let dry.
- You do this first for the drying time.
- This will make the antenna later.
- Get your bulb and sharpie.
- You want to make even rows of dots as a guide for your rhinestones. I made six
- rows of three dots each.
- You can either do this one bulb at a time or get them all done at once.
- With this step, you should also count out your rhinestones.
- The bag I bought came with three sizes, I used the middle size.
- Counting out early will help with the hot glue process.
- Hot glue time!
- I went one row at a time and put three dot of hot glue on my pattern, and then attached the stones.
- This part can get messy, so be careful.
- If you got the hot glue in the wrong stop it will pull off the color on the bulb.
- The great part is the glue dries so fast you don’t have to worry about dry time.
- The bad part is that the glue dries so fast that you can’t mess up.
- Get your gold straws.
- Cut them up into small, same size pieces (two pieces per Dalek).
- You want to place them between the rows of rhinestones on either side of the top of the bulb to mimic the antenna.
- Use the hot glue to place.